If you are a special edition book collector and pretty, fancy, quality books are your kink, I have some books for you to consider. The publishing company is called Ethereal Visions Publishing and they specialize in illustrated classic horror editions, tarot cads and playing cards. I have three books and a deck of cards to show you.
The Ethereal Visions Publishing edition of Frankenstein features the artistry of Matt Hughes and the original 1818 version which approaches the story of the Mary Shelley’s concept of Frankenstein’s Monster as a self-reflection of the darker side of Victor Frankenstein.
This unique publication will include:
• Hard cover 10" x 7.25" portrait Casebound; smyth sewn
• Gold foil stamp with two colors on front and spine of cover
• 240 pages (100gsm dong fang cream wood free pages)
• Two color black and red interior (black text with red line illustrations on every chapter header)
• Four full color tipped-in plates on tinted paper
• Illustrated end pages
• Ribbon marker
• Gilded stained edges
• Tissue covers for the 4 tipped-in plates
• Frontispiece illustration
• Aged appearance applied by hand to cover
This was a giveaway I hosted that is no longer active but the photos will reflect the beauty of this Edward Allan Poe collection:
Matt Hughes channeled this perspective of dark beauty for the haunting illustrations for Edgar Allan Poe: This and Nothing More Illuminated Edition.
The forward of the book is written by Chris Semtner, Curator of the Edgar Allan Poe Museum of Richmond, Virginia.
"Art Nouveau meets Edgar Poe in Matt Hughes’s new illustrations that perfectly pair the organic forms, subtle coloration, and exquisite lines of the Belle Époque with the beauty, music, and rich symbolism of Poe’s poems."- Chris Semtner
This timeless 1897 classic is the second in our three-part series of Classic Horror Creations. Each page of this edition is beautifully decorated in the traditional style of artists from the early to mid-1900s, such as Edmund Dulac and Arthur Rackham, and accompanied by six tipped-in color plates which focus on crucial moments of the reader's journey.
This edition contains an introduction byWilliam Parker Stoker (Great-Great Grandnephew of Bram Stoker) and a foreword by Sean Kotz (Radford University Instructor, Cinema; Director, Horse Archer Productions).
Limited to only 900, this unique publication will include:
• Hard cover 10" x 7.25" Casebound; smyth sewn
• Red and Silver foil stamping on front and spine
• 240 pages (100 gsm dong fang cream wood free pages)
• Two color black and red interior (black text and red line illustrations on every chapter header)
• Six full color tipped in plates
• Illustrated end pages unique to this edition
• Ribbon marker
• Red Gilded stained edges
• Tissue covers for the 6 tipped in plates
• Reptile skin and design Embossing on cover
I also have 2 decks of:
Norse playing cards containing uniquely designed, hand-drawn, traditional interpretations of the Viking gods at the dawn of Ragnarök.
A deck worthy of the gods! We have taken every step to ensure that the GJALLARHORN Deck will be the pinnacle of quality:
- High Quality 310 gsm German card stock
- Unique Norse mammen art style inspired box and card designs.
- Gold/Silver foiled, embossed tuck boxes
- 100% unique courts illustrated by hand in the Art Nouveau style
- Gold/Silver/Green/Red metallic inks for card backs
- 54 poker sized playing cards (52 cards + 2 jokers)
- Printed by NPCC with premium linen finish
Check out the Ethereal Visions Publishing Website for a full view of everything they have to offer!
Ethereal Visions Publishing emerged from the love of beautifully illustrated books.
The love of art coupled with the love of books was the spark which lit the fire of this company.
In our library, you will find books, card sets, bookplates, and journals that are pieces of art within themselves. They are treasures that will immerse you into a world filled with beauty, mystery, whimsy, and the macabre through breathtaking artwork.
We wanted to create something that added beauty, such as this, to the world.
With this in mind, we decided to create a business to publish collections worthy of any library - big or small.
Hope Hughes is the founder of Ethereal Visions Publishing, LLC. She pulls from the artists, stories, and myths she loves to inspire and create beautiful products.
Matt Hughes is the founding artist whose beautiful art breathes life into everything Ethereal Visions Publishing creates.