2019 (bookish) Father's Day Gift Guide
By Ashley S. aka @bookishmommy
Once upon a time, there was a girl who had her shit together and wasn't posting a Father's Day Gift Guide approximately one week before Father's Day. But alas, this is a fairytale and that girl is not me. What's that you say? You didn't even know next Sunday, June 16th is Father's Day? Well, look at that! You're welcome! I am useful!
Also, thank you, thank you to Alex @findingmontauk1, Corey @grimdark_dad and Cameron @bookmovieguy for their insights into bookish gift ideas for men. If I would've made this list on my own, it would have basically been MY personal wishlist.
Okay, let's get on with it.
- Candles! My personal favorite candle shop is Get Fictional. Not only are all of her candles in amber jars but she has a wide array of scents so you're bound to find something that appeals to you.
- Movie Night - smells like buttered popcorn
- Tincture of Werewolf - smells like smoky woods
- Trick or Treat - smells like caramel, pumpkin and cinnamon stick
- Friday the 13th - smells like fire roasted marshmallows
- Book Sleeves! Every book lover needs to protect their books when traveling. If you haven't discovered the magic that is a book sleeve, your world is about to change. There are many shops to choose from (check out Etsy) or you can make your own! The best part is there is literally a fabric FOR EVERYTHING so you're bound to find something that appeals to your giftee. There are blood spatter, zombies, Star Wars, Pennywise, you name it.
- Pins! Ah, there are so many great pins out there! And did you know there is such a thing as a PIN BOARD? Yeah, you can display your pins on it without having to take them out of your house! I got my coffin pin board from Quaint Pin Hoops
- Magazine Subscriptions! Magazines are fun and they're not usually something I'd purchase for myself but would love to receive as a gift. A few favs: Fangoria, Rue Morgue and Scream Horror Mag.
- Leather bookmarks! And other goods. The Kamel has a variety of handcrafted leather goods including bookmarks, wallets, belts, and journals! I also can't talk about bookmarks without mentioning A Stranger Dream.
Another unique bookmark shop is The Bookish Den, Julie makes engraved wooden bookmarks!
Well, these are just a few ideas! I hope it helped and if it didn't, just pretend you never read this… I'll go quietly now...